When we first arrived in China, we were a little concerned about how Elijah might respond to Chinese people. While we were in the States he rarely saw an Asian person, and we thought he might be shy and even a little afraid. We were so thankful to see that not only does Elijah not fear the Chinese people, he actually really loves them.
Just last week, we went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, and while we were eating someone asked if they could look at Elijah. I told her that I would love for her to look at him, and she could even hold him if she liked. She was so excited and proceded to carry him all around the restaurant showing him of as if he were her very own. People started pulling out their cell phones and taking pictures and video of Elijah with this random lady. It was hilarious! Eventually, the lady did return our sweet son, and he was just as happy as could be at his sudden fame.
We had some friends over for dinner this week, and while I was finishing dinner preparations, the wife and daughter played with Elijah. He just loved them!
I know there will come a day when he gets tired of having his picture taken, his cheek pinched, and people in his face, but until then, we will just let him soak it all up.
Elijah, don't be giving my love away! Gigi loves you!!!
ReplyDelete