At the end of the day, when all is said and done, what is it that I want my life to have been about?
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Eleven-and-a-half Months Later...
I am writing this little post not so much to show a little pride in accomplishment, but more to give others (and myself) hope after pregnancy that with much discipline, hard work, and perseverance, we can get back into our pre-pregnancy cutsie clothes that post-pregnancy seem only to stare us in the face and say to us "there is no way you will ever be this small again". After 11 1/2 long months, I am finally able to wear my old clothes, and it feels great! I have to admit that I gained no small amount of weight during my pregnancy and have vowed to be much more cautious in future pregnancies. I am so thankful to Father for giving me discipline and strength when I just wanted to give up. I have exercised (30 Day Shred which turned into a 150 day shred, pilates, taebo, walking, Ab Ripper X, Cramped Quarters), tried to eat more healthy (this was definitely helped by getting out of chicken finger country and back to tofu and green vege country), and had a no-desserts policy for weekdays (I know that would be the last straw for you mom- no Edy's Grand Light French Silk!). It has been a long and difficult road, but I have learned a lot from it including more dependence on the Lord and a true look at my heart and how I perceive myself. So at the end of all this struggling to "fit" I am reminded that "Beauty is fleeting, and charm is in vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." That is defintely the kind of woman I want to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW...inspiring to me.
ReplyDeleteI instead of getting back into my old clothes, have just gotten rid of them! Okay...most I have gotten rid of is because of spit up stains. But I need to get moving!
Glad you are back. I know it feels great.
:)