Ever since I was a little girl, I have fond memories of a breakfast tradition that took place at my Nana and Papa's house- cheesetoast and hot cocoa. I often remember walking in the kitchen to see a baking sheet full of buttered bread slices topped with delicious sharp cheddar baked to perfection. And beside it on the stove was a large pot of steaming homemade hot cocoa. It was not these two wonderful things alone that got me excited but rather the anticipation of how they were to be eaten- the cheese toast dipped in the hot cocoa first and then heartily enjoyed. So I have passed this tradition onto my family as well. All balk at first, but David soon discovered this little oddity created a delicacy not to be missed. This Christmas Eve morning Elijah was invited to join us in the dipping frenzy which he much enjoyed. I'm afraid though we may have created a little dipping monster as he no longer wishes to eat his cheese toast without hot cocoa "dip" alongside!
No comments:
Post a Comment