"Ziji", pronounced zi-jee, is Elijah's favorite word these days. This little word simply means "to do something oneself". So when Elijah says it, it means he wants to do whatever it is we are helping him to on his own.
So one day at lunch I was feeding him some yogurt, and he decided he wanted to "ziji". Obviously, I was a bit nervous about giving him a cup of yogurt and a spoon just imagining the mess that would inevitably come, but I decided it would be worth a try. After all, if he could do it on his own, he would be one step closer to eating independence which means more hands for me to feed a new little one.
So he held the yogurt in one hand and his spoon in the other and begin feeding himself his yogurt. Though it looks like he got more on his face than in his tummy, he was very proud of himself and overall did a really great job.
No comments:
Post a Comment