Besides instilling in our children the worldview of the gospel, David and I both have a great desire to instill in our children a love for reading. As soon as they are born (and often in the womb) we begin reading to our children daily. As they are able to hold books on their own, we give them books to play with (= chew on), look at pictures in, and begin telling their own stories from. After lunch each day, we have family reading time where we each read on our own for a few minutes, and then read together before naptime. So far, both of our children seem to love books and we hope that will eventually turn into a love for reading as well.
 |
| Auburn Grace "digesting" her book of colors. |
 |
| I caught this picture just before I woke Elijah from his afternoon nap. |
No comments:
Post a Comment