Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Auburn Grace is 1!

Our precious little girl turned 1 on June 21st!  Since 3 of the 4 of us were sick with colds (mommy included), and since Nana's birthday package with party decorations and gifts had not yet arrived, we decided to make the day very low-key (actually I was pretty sad about the package).  So after lunch I layed down to rest feeling gloomy about the whole thing and feeling bad that I could not do more for Auburn Grace's special day, and when I woke up, there was a HUGE package by the door!  Nana's package had arrived just in the nick of time.  So I pulled out all the decorations and frantically got to work.  I whipped up some banana pudding (Elijah said that is what Auburn Grace wanted instead of cake for her birthday), wrapped a couple of gifts, and planned our time to celebrate the amazing year of life with Auburn Grace. 
Add caption

Her banana pudding cake.

She was doing okay until we lit the candle.
I think she was scared of it!

Still a bit leary of the flame (I guess that's a good thing)

Now she is trying to swipe at the flame to play with it (maybe
not such a good thing)

Eating banana pudding with her hands!

Licking the bowl clean- that's my girl!

Auburn Grace, you have blessed our lives more than you could ever know.  Your sweet smile, your bright eyes, and your funny "talk" bring immense joy to our hearts.  We are so thankful that God choose you for us!  We love you so very much!  Happy First Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. She is so precious!! I love reading all about you family and the things that you guys do! Hope all is well!! Happy Birthday Auburn Grace!

    ReplyDelete