Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bed, Ballroom and Beyond!- The "B" Date

David and I are continuing our adventures of dating through the alphabet, and this past week we went on our "B" date. David was the author of the activities for this date, and he did such a great job being creative and planning such fun things for us to do.

First we went to our office where we have a big open room just perfect for our first activity- ballroom dancing! David and I actually took a couple of ballroom dancing classes when I was at Auburn, which we really enjoyed. So David thought it would be fun for us to do a little refresher session. He purchased and downloaded a video with instructions on the waltz which we watched first. Then it was time to dance. It was really fun, and came back to us quickly. Our favorite part of the waltz is a step called the "throwaway oversway" which is like a big dip. Though I tried to dance like a pro that day, the next day I was sore all over. It was really funny to be reminded of my age in a not so subtle way.

After ballroom dancing, we went to look for a bed. No we don't sleep on the floors here, but as hard as our "mattress" is we may as well. We have lived here more than 5 years, and we have been sleeping on something that is similar to box springs with a foam pad on top. It was really fine for us up until I got pregnant and everything started shifting. Then our backs and hips started aching, and finally we made the decision to buy a real mattress. It arrived yesterday, and we had our first night of sleep on it last night- simply amazing. I really cannot believe that we waited this long to buy one. We both woke up saying how well we slept and how our backs didn't ache. We are so thankful for this mattress, and we look forward to many restful nights to come.

Later that evening we had a Bar-B-Que dinner with burgers, baked beans, potato salad (I know that doesn't start with a "b", but it was delicious) and banana pudding. David and Elijah grilled the burgers, and we all had a wonderful meal.

We ended the night listening to some of our favorites from Michael Buble, and talking through our "Best Of's":
  • Best hotel room we ever stayed in- JW Marriott Ilihani in Oahu, Hawaii room 1509. Absolutely nothing compares to this amazing room with the most comfortable bed we've ever slept on made up with super soft sheets, a cotton weave blanket, and a wonderfully soft comforter with lots of fluffy pillows. It is a corner room, and the many floor to ceiling windows are just perfect for leaving open so that the ocean waves can be heard all night long. The bathroom is as large as our entire living room and has a shower, jacuzzi and two vanities. We are already dreaming and planning about how and when we will go to stay there again.

  • Best date/outing with another couple- Our dear friends from seminary, Jeremy and Elizabeth, did a double date with us for Valentine's Day when we lived in the Raleigh. Elizabeth and I went all around town hiding little clues which took our guys to a book store, a farmers' market, a park with a train ride, and brought them to an amazing Italian restaurant in downtown Raleigh. We all had so much fun, and it was definitely a double date that will remember forever.

  • Best production we've seen- Riverdance, hands down. We have seen it twice, and it is incredible. I always leave the show inspired to grow my hair out long and learn how to click my heels like the dancers. I could watch that show again and again and never grow tired of it.

It was a wonderful "B" date with so many memories made. A blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment