Sunday, August 1, 2010

David's 31st Birthday!


David turned 31 this past Wednesday, and we are at the end our our week-long birthday celebration- that is how we do things around the Patrick house.

On Wednesday morning I made David a birthday breakfast with french toast, bacon, and homemade applesauce. Then he got to open all of his wonderful presents. His favorites? The Life videos by BBC, lots of new books, and gift cards. David worked for the morning, and I took Elijah to Wal-Mart to do our grocery shopping. Let me just stop here for a moment to say that taking him to WM is a lot less convenient than it used to be now that he sees things that he wants (like any kind of ball) and knows how to ask for it (we tought him how to say "please" in sign language... can you unteach that?). So I went up and down the aisles getting toiletries and groceries to the consistent tune of Elijah calling out for things and then rubbing his tummy in a circle (the sign for "please").

The birthday celebration continued at dinner with a couple of dear friends who we invited to share the occasion with us. David grilled steak and shrimp, and I whipped up roasted garlic mashed potatoes (I absolutely loved roasting the garlic, and it was so delicious), ceaser salad, baked stuffed tomatoes (my dad's original idea) and garlic bread. For the birthday cake we had Boston Cream Pie (quite possibly my new favorite cake). We all had a wonderful time, and David had a great birthday.

Then for the finale, David and a bunch of other guys went on a birthday hike. They all came home so worn out, but having had such a great time.
So happy birthday to my sweet husband. I love you so very much!

2 comments:

  1. I want the cake recipe! Not sure that it mixes with my running but maybe that will be a big mile week prize! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the cake recipe too! It looks so good. Let me just add cake pans to my Metro list! :)

    ReplyDelete