Chicken Cakes with Tangy Remoulade from Paula Deen (makes 16 cakes)- If you don't like or don't have access to crab meat, this is a creative recipe where chicken makes a wonderful variation of the standard crab cake. I really should have put a picture of these so maybe when we eat the leftovers I will snap one to update the post with.
- 4.5 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup butter, divided (I like to use olive oil instead)
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1.5 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tsp. Caribbean jerk seasoning (I did not have this so I used a combination of original chicken seasoning and "kickin' chicken" seasoning.)
2) In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion mixture and crackers. Stir in eggs, mayo, mustard and seasoning. Form mixture into 16 cakes. Cover and chill about 30 minutes.
3) In a skillet, melt 1.5 Tbsp. butter. Add chicken cakes to fill pan and cook for 3-4 mins per side until golden brown. Serve with Tangy Remoulade.
Tangy Remoulade
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. minced green onion
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Caribbean jerk seasoning
The Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups recipe is courtesy of Martha Stewart whose recipes are always a hit. This is a great recipe for a simpler breakfast main dish that can be prepped the day before in case you want to get up early for a run or just sleep in (does anyone with little kids really do that anyway?) For a variation I added caramelized onions, chopped my bacon up into bits, and beat the eggs with cheddar and a little milk before putting everything together. Sensational taste and reheat well too!
Hope you love these! And if you have any new dinner ideas you are willing to share send them on!
No comments:
Post a Comment