Monday, May 14, 2012

Thoughts During the "Sleep Mode" Times

A friend asked me recently what I thought about when I wasn't really focused on anything particular.  I asked her what she meant.  "You know. Like when you are prepping for and cooking dinner. Or when you are drying your hair.  When you aren't working on something particular and your brain is just kind of in 'sleep mode'." 

Honestly I had never really thought about what I actually thought about during those times.  So I spent some time thinking about it. Then I realized how much time my brain actually spends in "sleep mode", and how unpuposeful all that time is, and how I want that to change. 

So I set out to take three of those main times each day and do something glorifying with them.  During my shower I lift up local partners.  While drying my hair, I pray for my family.  And while getting dinner ready I think on strategic ways that I can support David, reach out to others, and better love my children. 

I'm sure there are lots more times throughout the day that I need to make more purposeful, but for now, I am starting with these three in hopes that I will have a much better answer to the question next time I am asked and that I will have seen lots of answers from the Father in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment