Seriously! Am I the last person in the world to know about this amazing cheese? The sweet nutty creaminess of it all! Okay maybe I'm getting a little carried away, but if you have not tried the delectable taste of gruyere cheese let me urge you to rush out and purchase a block from your nearest grocery store. But beware, once you do, you will not be able to stop.
Some friends of ours who run a dairy farm here came for a visit recently and brought us a chunk of gruyere. I put it in the fridge with all my other cheeses which was a mistake. This cheese should have been placed on a shelf all by itself as it is leagues above all the rest.
So David had been begging me to make this dish I made long ago as a copycat of a dish we had at a restaurant once called "smoked chicken pasta pie". I finally gave in and decided to use the gruyere as the main cheese for the sauce. I was shocked, astonished, and utterly amazed at the taste of the dish and how much I loved it. I used the remaining gruyere that weekend to make an asparagus and gruyere omelet, and I was not left wanting. Since then I have used it for everything possible from the gourmet to the simple- even on grilled cheese. I simply can't get enough of the stuff. Can I get an "amen sister"?
Thankfully the import shop in our town sells my new favorite, and I have already told them to keep a good supply for me:-).
No comments:
Post a Comment