Today I started something called the "30 Day Shred" by Jillian Michaels. She is one of the trainers for The Biggest Loser show, and she has proven to give those on the show quite a workout. When I was pregnant with Elijah I gained a whopping 53 pounds, mostly from chicken fingers and Mexican food! After I delivered Elijah I knew it would take a while to get the weight off so I tried to be patient. Many people told me that breastfeeding will help you shed the pounds, though for me it really didn't. I kind of just thought if I kept waiting it out the weight would just come off on it's own. Turns out I was wrong.

Since I have been back in China, I have been faced with my extra pounds daily. You see in China people are extremely direct about things like how you look, the way you are doing something, etc. Every single person (honestly, I'm not exaggerating) that I've seen since I've been back that knew me before we left for the States has pronounced to me, "Ni zhang pang le" which means litterally, "You've gotten fatter"- just what you want to hear when you first see someone after 8 months! Elijah is almost 4 months old, and I still have about 12 pounds to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. Thus, the 30 Day Shred. I have high hopes that at the end of the 30 days I will be fit, trim, and back in my size 4's. After all, Jillian promises that if I work out with her for 20 minutes each day for 30 days that I will look just like the girls leading the workout in the video. You think?
I'm gonna need a serious workout partner! Once I get the baby weight off I'm gonna have to work on the moving across the world pounds that I put on last summer/fall. I hope you will loan out Jillian if she works miracles.
ReplyDeleteI'm totally dreading the honesty I'll be faced with next week. :)