Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nostalgia...


I always have a little moment of nostalgia when the time comes to change from one size of clothes to the next size up. As it goes, Elijah has outgrown most of his 12 month clothes which not only means that he will begin wearing his new 18 month ones, but also means that my little baby is growing up into a little boy. It seems like just yesterday, he was just learning to roll over or just learning to eat rice cereal, and now Elijah is walking everywhere and eating everything in sight (this morning he had a scrambled egg, a wholegrain pancake, and a 1/3 cup of peaches)! I know there is no stopping this process of growing up, but some days I wish I could just press the pause button and keep Elijah small forever. This is such a fun stage of life with him as he is so impressionable, so cute, and so not able to say anything disrespectful or really do anything deliberately disobedient.

I guess one thing I do have to look forward to with moving up to his 18 month clothes is all the new fun outfits I will get to mix and match (thanks so much Nana and Papa for all of the clothes you sent!) and all the new things Elijah is going to discover and learn over these next 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are right..there are plenty of those moments and we can't stop the growing....just learning to love each new stage.
    Hugs and he is a DOLL!
    Gi for us all

    ReplyDelete