Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Real Shock!

For reasons you will soon understand, I will not post a picture with this little excerpt from Elijah's day.

This morning I put Elijah in the tub for his bath since we got in too late last night, and he needed to go straight to bed. I gave him a few bath toys and left him playing happily while I wiped the table from breakfast. David was reading, I was cleaning, and Elijah was babbling and playing. Then we heard him get very quite. A moment later David walked in the bathroom and called to me, "I need help in here." I rushed in to find Elijah standing in a bathtub full of poo! I could hardly believe it. He has never done this in his entire lifetime of baths so I was shocked!

I really wasn't sure how to go about the clean-up, but eventually we did get everything clean and sterilized. I'm not quite sure why Elijah decided to do this for the first time ever, but I guess he would agree with my dad's sentiments when he says, "You don't want to hold that stuff in there. It will make you sick!"

Chalk it up to one of the many not-so-dainty experiences we will have with our little man.

1 comment:

  1. Kirkley did this several times at an age that I thought WAY too old!!!!!! It may not be your last -- gross gross gross! :)

    ReplyDelete