I have been thinking about several small posts I wanted to share so rather than writing them all individually I thought I'd lump them together in one post:
1) David went to the States to be a part of his brother's wedding which he was just thrilled to be able to do. He will be gone a total of 8 days, and we are definitely counting down the moments until he returns home. We have just finished day 3 of the 8 days, and things have actually been really great (of course, not as great as if David were here). The kids have both been super sweet and have been champion sleepers (more on that in a moment). The main thing I struggle with when David is gone is loneliness. Certainly life with two little munchkins leaves never a dull moment, but I miss conversations with David and being able to tell him all the little things in my thoughts and days. I know when he gets home I am going to talk his ears off for a few days!
2) Auburn Grace is sleeping 12 hours at night now. I cannot describe how thankful I am that the Lord has given us two amazing sleepers. The 12 hour thing actually came from a little bit of desperation as I really could not do our usual nighttime routine consisting of two feedings for AG, a bath for E, a bath for AG, playtime for AG, reading time, prayer time, song time, and brush your teeth time for E, and lots of other little things in between. So I decided to drop AG's last feeding of the day and rearrange the nighttime schedules (at least until David is home), and everything has gotten a ton easier to manage. So now the routine looks like 6pm- eat dinner, 6:30- clean up kitchen, 6:45pm- bath for AG, 7:00pm- bath for E while AG plays on her mat, 7:30pm- feed AG and let E watch Praise Baby with us, 8:00pm- read a book, sing a song, say our prayers, brush teeth and put both precious little ones to bed!
3) What is it with boys and throwing? I mean seriously! Does every single thing in the entire universe have to be thrown? We have been trying to train E for a long time not to throw things in the house, but it just seems like all is in vain. Just yesterday, he threw something out his window AGAIN, and today, he was throwing all kinds of little toys around the house. So I am thinking to start collecting all the thrown objects in a big bin of sorts and put them in time-out until the next day. I'm not sure that this is really going to register with him, but nothing else has worked thus far so I am up for trying anything.
4) I started exercising hard core last week, and I have been exhausted and sore. I also stopped eating desserts on the weekdays which has been a small tragedy in my life (and in David's so he says). Normally I would not be so concerned about getting the baby weight off (okay so maybe I would), but I just realized that Fall is only weeks away, and I the only pants I have are 2 sizes smaller than I am wearing now. So, of course, I am in a slight mode of panic trying to lose some inches while retaining fatty milk. What's a girl to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment