Thursday, September 1, 2011

Heart Change...

Yesterday was one of those days... One of those days when I had a hundred projects on my "to do" list, and not a single one of them got done.  One of those days when just when I put one child down for a nap, the other one woke up.  One of those days when the child I just put down for the nap decided she was not tired and cried off an on for a long time.  One of those days when I began to wonder whether I should just put away the food I had begun prepping for dinner and just go out to eat as the child who was not tired's cries were escalting into high-pitched screams.  One of those days when I had to go down to the 3rd floor patio (AGAIN!!!) to pick up a cup that a child had thrown out of his window (AGAIN!!!).  And one of those days when neither child wanted to take a bath (though they usually love baths) which led to more screams and eventually a spanking. 

So late last night I layed on the couch feeling sorry for myself and thinking about the terrible horrible no good very bad day I had had and complaining to David about it.  And then it happened.  The prick, then the stab, then the turning. 

I confessed my sin of unthankfulness to the Lord and then to David, and then I began to list out the things I am so very thankful for: salvation, my husband, my children, my home, food on the table, an amazing job, parents and in-laws who love me and my children, and on and on.  The Lord has blessed me so abundantly, and instead of demanding performance, projects, or pefection, He just demands praise.  Let all the earth praise the Lord!

Amazingly, I was looking through some blogs I enjoy, and last night a post was about just what I was struggling with yesterday.  Very timely indeed.
http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/08/when-perfectionism-and-to-do-lists-are-overwhelming/

2 comments:

  1. Viewing the blog and watching the videos made me homesick for you guys. As you described the children's behavior I felt right there in your home. After 4 weeks in your home, I could visualize every move and every behavior of the family. Thanks for allowing me to be part of your lives.

    Love you, Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good. So faithful isn't he?
    hugs and hope you continue to sleep!
    Gi

    ReplyDelete