Sunday, December 18, 2011

Let the Solids Begin!

This week Auburn Grace began eating her very first solid foods- her first step to becoming an independent eater (YAY!!! and Boo Hoo...).  She definitely did not love rice cereal to begin with (as you can see from her facial expressions), but over the week she grew to enjoy it. 


Though I have looked up lots of information on amounts to feed babies, I still have no clue how much exactly to feed her.  So I just watch for the signs of being all done, and man, this baby can put away some food. 

One thing I have noticed is that Auburn Grace is a very different eater than Elijah was in the fact that she likes it messy.  She loves to let her dribble down her chin and doesn't mind at all if it ends up on/up her nose, in her eyes, all over her hands, and just about anywhere else.  She HATES to have her hands and face wiped which is such a shock to me since I am so used to Elijah begging be wiped off before he touches anything else. 


Overall, it has been fun to start her on solids, and she is doing great.  Onto the next milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment