Monday, August 15, 2011

Adventures in Thailand

While we awaited the arrival of our precious Auburn Grace, we had a wonderful time of playing as a family in Chiang Mai. My mom came to help us during our time of transition, and Elijah just had a ball with her!


A nearby waterfall was a site of many outdoor adventures. Elijah's favorite thing to do, of course, was picking up and throwing rocks into the water. Such a boy!


We visited an elephant camp where we watched the elephants take a bath, play soccer, paint on canvas, and do all sorts of other tricks. Then David, Elijah, and my mom went for a fun elephant ride through the jungle (no pregnant ladies allowed!).



Elijah just loved the park! He especially loved the swing and the choo choo train. My mom, being the youthful Nana that she is, got right in there with him and had so much fun. She even took time to teach him a song that she and I used to sing when I was little,
"Swinging, I'm swinging, flying up so high.

I see the tops of the trees, and then I come sailing down from the sky."

He still sings it everytime we swing.




One of my favorite things that we did was the safari. You get to take a train ride through all kinds of "jungle" lands and see all sorts of animals roaming freely. This giraffe came really close to us looking for something to eat. Elijah thought he was cute, but definitely did not want to touch him.

There was an old train in a yard near the train station that Elijah was thrilled about. He kept saying "climb it, train" and "ride it, train".

This was our final picture as a family of three.


No comments:

Post a Comment