Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Arrival of Auburn Grace Patrick


Auburn Grace Patrick arrived at 9:49 am on June 21st, and our lives have been amazingly different ever since! She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches long (this was almost the exact same weight and length as Elijah). Her birth was much different than Elijah's as I had to have a c-section to deliver her. She was lying sideways, and no matter how much pushing and prodding we did, she refused to turn (is this indicative of a future stubborness?). So we chose her birthday, and the approximate time of her birth, and the rest was a breeze. I was wheeled into the operating room, given an epidural, and within 3 minutes, I heard my precious daughter's first cries. It was amazing, and I would definitely go the c-section route again.



Immediately after AG was born, the nurses let me see her and kiss her. It was one of the sweetest moments of my life.


David says that the whole birth was a little strange for him since I went into the OR pregnant, and then all of the sudden he saw his new daughter- no lamaze breathing, no ice cubes, no screams with labor pain- just a beautiful healthy girl. My mom brought Elijah to the hospital soon after AG was born, and he could hardly wait to see her!


Auburn Grace was born with dark blue eyes and dark brown hair. We think she favors David- she is beautiful!


Elijah loves his new baby sister!


Nana came to help us during this time, and we absolutely could not have done it without her. She was such a blessing to us all.


Our new family of 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment