Since Auburn Grace was born, we have all said how much she takes after David in the way she looks. Definitely she seems to have more of my personality (she is quite vocal about how she is feeling), but as for her hair, her eyes, and her skin tone she takes after her tall, dark, and handsome daddy.
Well, just recently I found out that there is one more characteristic that Auburn Grace has that is straight from David. I was running low on baby food one day (we make all our own baby food since they don't sell it here), and since I didn't have time to whip up something quick I grabbed a dish off the lunch table, put some in a blender, and whallah. She really loved it- a combination of broad beans, pork, and... garlic shoots.
Fast forward a couple of hours... I go in AG's room to get her up from her nap, and the air wreaks of it... GARLIC! My mind immediately jumps to the only other times I have ever smelled this strong of a garlic scent in my own home- the mornings after David has eaten garlic for dinner! It is almost hard for me to believe that something like that can be passed down, but alas, my most precious little sweetie now wears the fragrance of garlic any time it is anywhere near her food.
David says that it is a God-given natural deterrent from men (he, of course, wants to be her hero for all time). Sweet thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment